Erros Callidus

Muted Musings of a maybe-Mystic.

Name:
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan

Working/living/learning/loving... Anywhere and anytime, and if there's shooting involved it just keeps life interesting and adds needed motivation to keep moving!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Clarifications

So here I am, between several strains and strings pulling different directions. In re. to the last post I was being a little cryptic. Obviously I'm not used to this whole blog thing where "other people" might actually read it. Normally I'm so tied up in OPSEC and OPDEC that nobody really knows where I'm coming from and even I'm not so sure all the time. (OPSEC/DEC: Operational Security/Deception). So when it comes time to "process" out in front of everybody it's necessary a large step. In any event, I'm back in my favorite corner of the world (Central Asia, in a place known for Poppies and certain hardline/radical/fundamentalist Southerners) and working in a ComPLETELY different job than I was last time. I was with an NGO now I'm with a large corporation looking to make a profit at the same time "changing" things here... Hence the Identity crisis. Add to that that I'm trained and experienced as a pilot/aviation operations and now working as manager of a sales business. Combine these things with a total reevaluation of orthodoxy/orthopraxy and there is QUITE a bit of unsettled musing/thinking/searching. A friend recently mentioned they were learning to live on the edge of the inside. I think I'm gonna live on the leading edge... you get hit pretty hard sometimes, but it's a heck of ride and you get to start the lift of the whole body behind you. Okay maybe it's not the best metaphor, but it's what I'm going for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Glad to see you putting some things down. Peter Rollins suggests "orthodoxy" needs to be understood as believing in the right way rather than believing the right things. I guess we could conclude "orthopraxy" may better be understood as practicing the right way rather than practicing the right things. The emphasis tends, to me at least, to be on the issues of relationship.

Will enjoy company on the edge.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying yourself there. Haven't heard much from you lately.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home