Erros Callidus

Muted Musings of a maybe-Mystic.

Name:
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan

Working/living/learning/loving... Anywhere and anytime, and if there's shooting involved it just keeps life interesting and adds needed motivation to keep moving!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Rant for the Day...

I just remembered I put this up on a friends blog... read it again and thought it was apropo to the post I just finished. Here is another reason "Why I am Here!" This one is more akin to a Rage Against the Machine moment, but I'm like that sometimes >:- !!

I learned a new word the other day... "Dystopia." It's basically the opposite of "utopia." A Dystopia is characteraized by rampand poverty, despair, and disregard for people as people. Sound familiar? Between the "voices of certainty" that the world as we know it is NOT such a place and their pervasive propoganda to continually remind us of that fact, and the fact that when the 'a-ha' moment comes we are confronted with the personality of the REAL Dystopia of the world and how it affects REAL people. There is no "safe ground" from which to view our dystopic "paradise" as we've been, either by commission or omission, the builders of our "paradise" for our entire lives. To start on a road to "true paradise" will cost us...? IF we decide to actually observe what is there. AND decide to take responsiblity for it and the responsibility to affect change.

Here is the link for my friend's blog: http://snowhill.typepad.com/just_todd/ The original post is titled "The Real Mary Forum..." from Nov 27, 2006

(NO, I DON'T know any html... I CAN field strip an M9 though; which is more useful here?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home